Sunday, 28 November 2010

Framing Systems

When Systems were first explained I was fascinated by this new approach I had discovered of understanding games. The use of framing systems is an integral part of any game from what I discovered, by focusing on specific framings, you can gain a greater understanding of the game as a whole while conducting critique, analysis or design tasks on games. All three framing systems work together as a whole to make the bigger picture and therefore are embedded into each other. Marie-Claire also went on to say that it is important to understand how these systems work together while in the game development phase, leading to a greater balance within the game asa whole. After hearing this I wanted to learn more and start taking games apart, gaining a greater understanding of the topic and therefore increasing my own understanding and consciousness towards games I develop in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment